Adjective: ventilated 'ven-ti,ley-tid
Verb: ventilate 'ven-ti,leyt
- Exposed to air
"a well ventilated room"
- Expose to cool or cold air so as to cool or freshen
"ventilate the smoke-filled rooms";
- vent, air out, air
- Expose to the circulation of fresh air so as to retard spoilage
"Wheat should be well ventilated"
- Circulate through and freshen
"The gust of air ventilated the room"
- Give expression or utterance to
- vent, give vent
- Furnish with an opening to allow air to circulate or gas to escape
"The architect did not think about ventilating the storage space"
See also: aired, airy, louvered [US], louvred, vented
Type of: alter, change, circulate, evince, expose, express, freshen, modify, refresh, show