Noun: circulation ,sur-kyu'ley-shun
- The dissemination of copies of periodicals (as newspapers or magazines)
- Movement through a circuit; especially the movement of blood through the heart and blood vessels
- (library science) the count of books that are loaned by a library over a specified period
- Number of copies of a newspaper or magazine that are sold
"by increasing its circulation the newspaper hoped to increase its advertising"
- Free movement or passage (as of cytoplasm within a cell or sap through a plant)
"ocean circulation is an important part of global climate"; "a fan aids air circulation"
- The spread or transmission of something (as news or money) to a wider group or area
Derived forms: circulations
Type of: airing, change of location, count, dissemination, organic phenomenon, public exposure, spread, spreading, travel
Encyclopedia: Circulation, American Heart Foundation