Noun: vet vet
Verb: vet (vetted,vetting) vet
- A doctor who practices veterinary medicine
- veterinarian [N. Amer], veterinary [N. Amer], veterinary surgeon [Brit]
- A person who has served in the armed forces
- veteran, ex-serviceman
- Work as a veterinarian
"She vetted for the farms in the area for many years"
- Examine carefully
"Someone should vet this report before it goes out"
- (medicine) provide (a person) with medical care
- (medicine) provide veterinary care for
Derived forms: vetted, vetting, vets
Type of: be, care for, doc, doctor, Dr., follow, inspect, man, MD, medico, military man, military personnel, physician, serviceman, servicewoman, treat
Part of: American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars, VFW