Verb: win (won,winning) win
Noun: win win
- Be the winner in a contest or competition; be victorious
"He won the Gold Medal in skating"; "Our home team won"; "Win the game"
- Acquire something through effort
"I won a passing knowledge of Chinese";
- acquire, gain
- Obtain advantages, such as points, etc.
"The home team was winning ground";
- gain, advance, pull ahead, make headway, get ahead, gain ground
- Attain success or reach a desired goal
"she struggled to overcome her handicap and won";
- succeed, come through, bring home the bacon, deliver the goods
- A victory (as in a race or other competition)
"he was happy to get the win"
- Something won (especially money)
"a major portion of the win";
- winnings, profits
Sounds like: wicker, whicker, a, wi
Derived forms: wins, winning, won
Type of: acquire, financial gain, get, triumph, victory
Encyclopedia: Win, Lose Or Die Win, Lose Or Draw Win, Lose,or Draw Win Win, Lose, or Draw Win, Lose or Draw Win, Lose or Drew! Win, lose or draw Win, Lose Or Draw Tour Win, Lose and Kaboom Win, Lose or Die