Adjective: worshiped wur-shipt
Usage: US (elsewhere: worshipped)
Verb: worship (worshipped,worshipping, or [US] worshiped,worshiping) wur-ship
- Regarded with deep or rapturous love (especially as if for a god)
- adored, idolized, idolised [Brit], worshipped
- Love unquestioningly and uncritically or to excess; venerate as an idol
"Many teenagers worshiped the Beatles";
- idolize, idolise [Brit], hero-worship, revere
- (religion) show devotion to (a deity)
"Many Hindus worship Shiva"
- Attend religious services
"They worship in the traditional manner"
See also: loved
Type of: adore, attend, fear, go to, revere, reverence, venerate
Encyclopedia: Worship Worship, Christian