Noun: yaws yoz
Noun: yaw yo
- An infectious tropical disease resembling syphilis in its early stages; marked by red skin eruptions and ulcerating lesions
- frambesia [N. Amer], framboesia [Brit, Cdn]
Verb: yaw yo
- An erratic deflection from an intended course
- Be wide open
"the deep yawing canyon";
- gape, yawn
- Deviate erratically from a set course
"the yawing motion of the ship"
- Swerve off course momentarily
"the ship yawed when the huge waves hit it"
Derived forms: yawses
Type of: be, curve, cut, deviate, divert, infectious disease, sheer, slew, slue, swerve, trend, turn, turning, veer
Encyclopedia: Yaws Yaw, pitch, and roll