Noun: bias bI-us
Verb: bias (biased,biasing,biases, also biassed,biassing) bI-us
- A partiality that prevents objective consideration of an issue or situation
- prejudice, preconception
- A line or cut across a fabric that is not at right angles to a side of the fabric
- (statistics) the difference between the expectation value of an estimator and the true value
Adjective: bias bI-us
- Influence in an unfair way
"you are biasing my choice by telling me yours"
- Cause to be biased
- Slanting diagonally across the grain of a fabric
"a bias fold"
Derived forms: biassed, biasing, biassing, biased, biases
See also: oblique
Type of: partiality, partisanship, prejudice, prepossess, straight line
Encyclopedia: Bias Bias, Landes Bias, Lot-et-Garonne