Adjective: biased bI-ust
Verb: bias (biased,biasing,biases, also biassed,biassing) bI-us
- Favouring one person or side over another
"a biased account of the trial";
- colored [US], coloured [Brit, Cdn], one-sided, slanted
- (statistics, of a sample) not representative of a distribution
"a biased sample"
- (statistics) not correct on average over a distribution
"a biased estimator"
- Influence in an unfair way
"you are biasing my choice by telling me yours"
- Cause to be biased
See also: partial
Type of: prejudice, prepossess
Encyclopedia: Biased Bias, Punjab