Adjective: corresponding ,kor-u'spón-ding or ,kór-u'spón-ding [N. Amer], ,kó-ru'spón-ding [Brit]
Verb: correspond ,kor-u'spónd or ,kór-i'spónd [N. Amer], ,kó-ri'spónd [Brit]
"all rights carry with them corresponding responsibilities"
- Similar especially in position or purpose
"a number of corresponding diagonal points"
- Conforming in every respect
"boxes with corresponding dimensions";
- comparable, like
- Be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics
- match, fit, check, jibe, gibe, tally, agree, marry, marry up
- Be equivalent or parallel, in mathematics
- Exchange messages
"My Russian pen pal and I have been corresponding for several years"
- Take the place of or be parallel or equivalent to
- represent, stand for
See also: related, related to, same, similar
Type of: be, equal