Adjective: designed di'zInd
Verb: design di'zIn
- Done, made or performed with purpose and intent
"games designed for all ages"; "well-designed houses"; "style...is more than the deliberate and designed creation";
- Make or work out a plan for; devise
"design a new sales strategy";
- plan, project, contrive
- Plan something for a specific role, purpose or effect
"This room is not designed for work"
- Create the design for; create or execute in an artistic or highly skilled manner
"Chanel designed the famous suit"
- Make a design of in systematic, often graphic form
"design a better mousetrap";
- Create designs
"Dupont designs for the house of Chanel"
- Conceive or fashion in the mind; invent
"She designed a good excuse for not attending classes that day"
- Intend or have as a purpose
"She designed to go far in the world of business"
See also: fashioned
Type of: conceive, conceptualise [Brit], conceptualize, create, create by mental act, create mentally, designate, destine, gestate, intend, make, mean, specify, think
Encyclopedia: Designed Design, Build & Sell Scheme