Noun: door dor
- A swinging or sliding barrier that will close the entrance to a room or building or vehicle
"he knocked on the door"; "he slammed the door as he left"
- The entrance (the space in a wall) through which you enter or leave a room or building; the space that a door can close
"he stuck his head in the door";
- doorway, room access, threshold
- Anything providing a means of access (or escape)
"we closed the door to Haitian immigrants"; "education is the door to success"
- A structure where people live or work (usually ordered along a street or road)
"the office next door"; "they live two doors up the street from us"
- A room that is entered via a door
"his office is the third door down the hall on the left"
Sounds like: do
Derived forms: doors
Type of: access, accession, admission, admittance, construction, entrance, entranceway, entrée, entry, entryway, movable barrier, room, structure
Part of: wall
Encyclopedia: Door Door, Door