Noun: ear eer
- The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium
- lughole [Brit, informal], earhole [informal], lug [Brit, informal]
- Good hearing
"he had a keen ear"; "a good ear for pitch"
- The externally visible cartilaginous structure of the external ear
- auricle, pinna
- Attention to what is said
"he tried to get her ear"
- Fruiting spike of a cereal plant especially corn
- spike, capitulum
Derived forms: ears
Type of: attending, attention, audition, auditory modality, auditory sense, cartilaginous structure, fruit, hearing, receptor, sense of hearing, sense organ, sensory receptor
Part of: auditory system, caput, corn, external ear, head, Indian corn, maize, outer ear, vestibular apparatus, vestibular system, Zea mays
Encyclopedia: Ear, external Ear, inner Ear Ear, Nose and Throat Ear, nose and throat Ear, nose and throat specialist Ear, middle Ear, nose, and throat