Noun: element e-lu-munt
- An abstract part of something
"the grammatical elements of a sentence";
- component, constituent, factor, ingredient
- An artifact that is one of the individual parts of which a composite entity is made up; especially a part that can be separated from or attached to a system
"a component or constituent element of a system";
- component, constituent
- Any of the more than 100 known substances (of which 92 occur naturally) that cannot be separated into simpler substances and that singly or in combination constitute all matter
- chemical element
- The most favourable environment for a plant or animal
"water is the element of fishes"
- One of four substances thought in ancient and medieval cosmology to constitute the physical universe
"the alchemists believed that there were four elements"
- The situation in which you are happiest and most effective
"in your element"
- A straight line that generates a cylinder or cone
Derived forms: elements
Type of: division, environment, environs, part, portion, section, situation, state of affairs, straight line, substance, surround, surroundings
Encyclopedia: Element, mager