Noun: female 'fee,meyl
Adjective: female 'fee,meyl
- An animal that produces gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes (spermatozoa)
- A person who belongs to the sex that can have babies
- female person
- (biology) being the sex (of plant or animal) that produces fertilizable gametes (ova) from which offspring develop
"a female heir"; "female holly trees bear the berries"
- Characteristic of or peculiar to a woman
- For or pertaining to or composed of women or girls
"the female lead in the play"; "a female chorus"
- (of a mechanical part or electronic connector) having an internal socket, into which the male part can be inserted to form a connection
Derived forms: females
See also: egg-producing, feminine, gender, pistillate, sex, sexuality, young-bearing
Type of: animal, animate being, beast, brute, creature, fauna, individual, mortal, person, somebody, someone, soul
Antonym: androgynous, male