Adjective: glad (gladder,gladdest) glad
Noun: glad glad
- Showing or causing joy and pleasure; especially made happy
"glad you are here"; "glad that they succeeded"; "gave a glad shout"; "a glad smile"; "heard the glad news"; "a glad occasion"
- Eagerly disposed to act or to be of service
"glad to help";
- Feeling happy appreciation
"glad of the fire's warmth"
- Cheerful and bright
"a glad May morning";
- Any of numerous plants of the genus Gladiolus native chiefly to tropical and South Africa having sword-shaped leaves and one-sided spikes of brightly coloured funnel-shaped flowers; widely cultivated
- gladiolus, gladiola, sword lily
Derived forms: gladdest, gladder, glads
See also: cheerful, gladsome, grateful, thankful, willing
Type of: iridaceous plant
Part of: genus Gladiolus