Adjective: improved im'proovd
Verb: improve im'proov
- Made more desirable or valuable or profitable; especially made ready for use or marketing
"new houses are springing up on an improved tract of land near the river"; "an improved breed"
- Become or made better in quality
"was proud of his improved grades"; "an improved viewfinder"
- (of land) made ready for development or agriculture by clearing of trees and brush
- To make better
"The editor improved the manuscript with his changes";
- better, amend, ameliorate, meliorate, mend
- Get better
"The weather improved toward evening";
- better, ameliorate, meliorate
See also: better, built, cleared, developed, landscaped, reinforced
Type of: alter, change, change state, modify, turn
Encyclopedia: Improved Improve