Adjective: indeterminate ,in-di'tur-mu-nut
- Not precisely determined or established; not fixed or known in advance
"a zillion is a large indeterminate number"; "an indeterminate point of law"; "the influence of environment is indeterminate"; "an indeterminate future"; "of indeterminate age";
- (botany) having a capacity for continuing to grow at the apex
"an indeterminate stem"
- Of uncertain or ambiguous nature
"the equivocal (or indeterminate) objects painted by surrealists"
- Not capable of being determined
"the indeterminate number of plant species in the jungle"
- Not leading to a definite ending or result
"an indeterminate campaign"
See also: ambiguous, cost-plus, equivocal, inconclusive, indeterminable, open-ended, racemose, uncertain, undeterminable, unsure