Adjective: knockout 'nók,awt
Noun: knockout 'nók,awt
- Very strong or vigorous
"a knockout punch";
- hard, severe
Verb: knock out nók awt
- A very attractive or seductive looking woman
- smasher, stunner, beauty, ravisher, sweetheart, peach, lulu, looker, mantrap, dish, patootie [US], fox, honey, hottie, babe
- A blow that renders the opponent unconscious
- KO, kayo
- An outstanding example of its kind
"his roses were knockouts";
- beauty, beaut, killer, blinder [Brit], lulu, cracker [Brit]
Noun: knock out nók awt
"knock out a target"
- Knock unconscious or senseless
"the boxing champion knocked out his opponent in a few seconds";
- knock cold, kayo
- Destroy or break forcefully
"The windows were knocked out"
- Overwhelm with admiration
"All the guys were knocked out by her charm"
- Empty (as of tobacco) by knocking out
"knocked out a pipe"
- A contest of several rounds in which the loser in each round is eliminated
Derived forms: knocking out, knocked out, knocks out, knockouts
See also: knock, strong
Type of: adult female, beat, beat up, blow, do away with, eliminate, empty, example, exemplar, extinguish, get rid of, good example, model, overcome, overpower, overtake, overwhelm, remove, sweep over, take, take away, withdraw, woman, work over
Encyclopedia: Knockout Knock out