Noun: limb lim
- One of the jointed appendages of an animal used for locomotion or grasping: arm; leg; wing; flipper
- Any of the main branches arising from the trunk or a bough of a tree
- tree branch
- (astronomy) the circumferential edge of the apparent disc of the sun or the moon or a planet
- Either of the two halves of a bow from handle to tip
"the upper limb of the bow"
- The graduated arc that is attached to an instrument for measuring angles
"the limb of the sextant"
- Any projection that is thought to resemble a human arm
"the limb of the record player";
- arm, branch
Sounds like: likens, lichlimb
Derived forms: limbs
Type of: appendage, arc, border, branch, edge, extremity, member, part, portion, projection
Part of: appendicular skeleton, bow, octant, sextant, tree