Noun: half (halves) hãf
Adjective: half hãf
- One of two equal parts of a divisible whole
"half an hour"; "a century and one half"; "half a loaf";
- One of two divisions into which some games or performances are divided: the two divisions are separated by an interval
Adverb: half hãf
- Consisting of one of two equivalent parts in value or quantity
"a half chicken"; "lasted a half hour"
"gave me a half smile"; "he did only a half job"
- (of siblings) related through one parent only
"a half brother"; "half sister"
- Partially or to the extent of a half
"he was half hidden by the bushes"
See also: fractional, incomplete, uncomplete
Type of: common fraction, division, part, section, simple fraction, vulgar fraction [Brit]
Part of: basketball, basketball game, football, football game, hoops, period of play, play, playing period