Adjective: local low-kul
Noun: local low-kul
- Relating to or applicable to or concerned with the administration of a city or town or district rather than a larger area
"local taxes"; "local authorities"
- Of or belonging to or characteristic of a particular locality or neighbourhood
"local customs"; "local schools"; "the local citizens"; "a local point of view"; "local outbreaks of flu"; "a local bus line"
- (medicine) affecting only a restricted part or area of the body
- Public transport consisting of a bus or train that stops at all stations or stops
"the local seemed to take forever to get to New York"
- Anaesthetic that numbs a particular area of the body
- local anesthetic [N. Amer], local anaesthetic [Brit, Cdn], topical anesthetic, topical anaesthetic
- [UK] A local pub
- A person who lives nearby
Derived forms: locals
See also: localised [Brit], localized, topical
Type of: anaesthetic [Brit, Cdn], anaesthetic agent [Brit, Cdn], anesthetic [N. Amer], anesthetic agent [N. Amer], public transport
Antonym: express, general, national