Adjective: national nash(-u)-n(u)l
Noun: national nash(-u)-n(u)l
- Of or relating to or belonging to a nation or country
"national hero"; "national anthem"; "a national landmark"
- Limited to or in the interests of a particular nation
"national interests"; "isolationism is a strictly national policy"
- Concerned with or applicable to or belonging to an entire nation or country
"the national government"; "national elections"; "of national concern"; "the national highway system"; "national forests"
- Owned or maintained for the public by the national government
- Inside the country
"the British national Office has broader responsibilities than the United States Department of the Interior";
- home, interior, internal
- Characteristic of or peculiar to the people of a nation
"a national trait"
- Of or relating to nationality
- A person who owes allegiance to a particular nation
"a monarch has a duty to his nationals";
- A tournament in which participants from all over the country compete
Derived forms: nationals
See also: domestic, federal, inland, nationalist, nationalistic, public
Type of: individual, mortal, person, somebody, someone, soul
Antonym: international, local
Part of: country, land, nation
Encyclopedia: National, West Virginia