Verb: masquerade ,mas-ku'reyd
Noun: masquerade ,mas-ku'reyd
- Take part in a masquerade
- Pretend to be someone or something that you are not
"he is masquerading as an expert on the internet"; "This silly novel is masquerading as a serious historical treaty"
- A party of guests wearing costumes and masks
- masquerade party, masque, mask
- A costume worn as a disguise at a masquerade party
- fancy dress, masquerade costume
- Making a false outward show
"a beggar's masquerade of wealth"
Derived forms: masqueraded, masquerading, masquerades
Type of: costume, disguise, feigning, impersonate, mask, party, personate, pose, pretence [Brit, Cdn], pretending, pretense [N. Amer], simulation