Noun: mask mãsk
Verb: mask mãsk
- A covering to disguise or conceal the face
- Activity that tries to conceal something
"no mask could conceal his ignorance"; "they moved in under a mask of friendship"
- A party of guests wearing costumes and masks
- masquerade, masquerade party, masque
- A protective covering worn over the face
- Hide under a false appearance
"He masked his disappointment";
- dissemble, cloak
- Put a mask on or cover with a mask
"Mask the children for Halloween"
- Make unrecognizable
"The herb masks the garlic taste";
- (cooking) cover with a sauce
"mask the meat"
- (photography) shield from light
- block out
Sounds like: masers, mazmask, ma
Derived forms: masking, masks, masked
Type of: conceal, concealing, concealment, cover, covering, disguise, hide, hiding, party, protection, protective cover, protective covering
Encyclopedia: Mask, South Khorasan