Adjective: nodding nó-ding
Verb: nod (nodded,nodding) nód
- (biology) having branches or flower heads that bend downward
- cernuous, drooping, pendulous, weeping
- Express or signify by nodding
"He nodded his approval"
- Lower and raise the head, as to indicate assent, agreement or confirmation
"The teacher nodded when the student gave the right answer"
- Let the head fall forward through drowsiness
"The old man was nodding in his chair"
- Sway gently back and forth, as in a nodding motion
"the flowers were nodding in the breeze"
- Be almost asleep
"The old man sat nodding by the fireplace"
See also: unerect
Type of: communicate, drowse, gesticulate, gesture, intercommunicate, motion, move
Encyclopedia: Nodding Nod