Noun: paper pey-pu(r)
Verb: paper pey-pu(r)
- A material made of cellulose pulp derived mainly from wood, rags or certain grasses
- An essay (especially one written as an assignment)
"he got an A on his paper";
- composition, report, theme
- A daily or weekly publication on folded sheets; contains news and articles and advertisements
"he read his paper at breakfast";
- A medium for written communication
"the notion of an office running without paper is absurd"
- A scholarly article describing new results, analysis or hypotheses
"he has written many scientific papers"
- A business firm that publishes newspapers
"Murdoch owns many papers";
- newspaper, newspaper publisher
- The physical object that is the product of a newspaper publisher
"when it began to rain he covered his head with a paper";
- Cover with paper
"paper the box"
- Cover with wallpaper
Derived forms: papers, papering, papered
Type of: article, cover, essay, material, medium, press, product, production, public press, publisher, publishing company, publishing firm, publishing house, stuff
Part of: page
Encyclopedia: Paper, Scissor, Stone Paper, Scissors, Rock Paper Paper, Rock, Scissors Paper, scissors, stone Paper, scissors and stone Paper, Scissors, Stone Paper, rock, scissors