Noun: phase feyz
Verb: phase feyz
- Any distinct time period in a sequence of events
"we are in a transitional phase in which many former ideas must be revised or rejected";
- (physical chemistry) a distinct state of matter in a system; matter that is identical in chemical composition and physical state and separated from other material by the phase boundary
"the reaction occurs in the liquid phase of the system";
- A specific identifiable position in a continuum, series or especially in a process
- degree, level, stage, point, phasis
- A particular point in the time of a cycle; measured from some arbitrary zero and expressed as an angle
- phase angle
- (astronomy) the particular appearance of a body's state of illumination (especially one of the recurring shapes of the part of Earth's moon that is illuminated by the sun)
"the full phase of the moon"
- Arrange in phases or stages
"phase a withdrawal"
- Adjust so as to be in a synchronized condition
"he phased the intake with the output of the machine"
Sounds like: Pharaohs, F, phase, faz
Derived forms: phased, phasing, phases
Type of: appearance, arrange, period, period of time, point, point in time, stage, state, state of matter, sync, synch, synchronise [Brit], synchronize, time period, visual aspect
Part of: cycle, rhythm, round