Noun: reasonableness 'ree-zu-nu-bul-nus
- The state of having good sense and sound judgment
- rationality, reason
- Goodness of reason and judgment
"the judiciary is built on the reasonableness of judges"
- The property of being moderate in price or expenditures
"the store is famous for the reasonableness of its prices";
- moderateness, modestness
- Moderation in expectations
"without greater reasonableness by both parties we will never settle this matter!"
- The quality of being plausible or acceptable to a reasonable person
"he questioned the reasonableness of my claims";
- tenability, tenableness
See also: reasonable, sensible, unreasonable
Type of: inexpensiveness, level-headedness, moderateness, moderation, plausibility, plausibleness, saneness, sanity, soundness, wisdom, wiseness