Verb: reign reyn
Noun: reign reyn
- Have sovereign power
"Henry VIII reigned for a long time"
- Be larger in number, quantity, power, status or importance
"Money reigns supreme here";
- predominate, dominate, rule, prevail
- A period during which something or somebody is dominant or powerful
"he was helpless under the reign of his egotism"
- The period during which a monarch is sovereign
"during the reign of Henry VIII"
- Royal authority; the dominion of a monarch
Sounds like: raid, rayed, reig
Derived forms: reigned, reigns, reigning
Type of: age, dominion, govern, historic period, period, period of time, raj [Asia], rule, time period