Verb: sharpen shaa(r)-pun
- Make sharp or sharper
"sharpen the knives"
- Make crisp or more crisp and precise
"We had to sharpen our arguments"
- Become sharp or sharper
"The debate sharpened"
- Put (an image) into focus
"Please sharpen the image; we cannot enjoy the movie";
- focus, focalize, focalise [Brit]
- Make (images or sounds) sharp or sharper
- (music) raise the pitch of (musical notes)
- Give a point to
- taper, point
- Make (one's senses) more acute
"This drug will sharpen your vision";
Derived forms: sharpens, sharpening, sharpened
Type of: adjust, alter, change, change form, change intensity, change shape, compound, correct, deepen, deform, heighten, intensify, modify, set
Antonym: dull, flatten, soften