Verb: snort snort
Noun: snort snort
- Indicate contempt by breathing noisily and forcefully through the nose
"she snorted her disapproval of the proposed bridegroom"
- Make a snorting sound by exhaling hard
"The critic snorted contemptuously"
- Inhale recreational drugs
"The addict was snorting cocaine almost every day";
- Inhale through the nose
- take a hit
- A disrespectful laugh
- snicker, snigger
- A cry or noise made to express displeasure or contempt
- boo, hoot, Bronx cheer [N. Amer], hiss, raspberry, razzing [N. Amer], razz [N. Amer], bird
Derived forms: snorted, snorting, snorts
Type of: breathe in, breathe out, call, cry, do drugs, drug, emit, exhale, expire, inhale, inspire, laugh, laughter, let loose, let out, outcry, shout, utter, vociferation, yell