Noun: nose nowz
Verb: nose nowz
- The organ of smell and entrance to the respiratory tract; the prominent part of the face of man or other mammals
"he has a cold in the nose";
- olfactory organ
- A front that resembles a human nose (especially the front of an aircraft)
"the nose of the rocket heated up on reentry"
- The front or forward projection of a tool or weapon
"he ducked under the nose of the gun"
- A small distance
"my horse lost the race by a nose"
- A symbol of inquisitiveness
"keep your nose out of it"
- The sense of smell (especially in animals)
"the hound has a good nose"
- A natural skill
"he has a nose for good deals"
- A projecting spout from which a fluid is discharged
- Search or inquire in a meddlesome way
"This guy is always nosing around the office";
- intrude, horn in, pry, poke
- Advance the forward part of with caution
"She nosed the car into the left lane"
- Catch the scent of; get wind of
"The dog nosed out the drugs";
- scent, wind
- Push or move with the nose
- Rub noses
- Defeat by a narrow margin
Sounds like: non, nose, know
Derived forms: noses, nosed, nosing
See also: nose out
Type of: advance, bring forward, caress, chemoreceptor, defeat, fondle, force, front, get the better of, look, olfaction, olfactory modality, overcome, push, science, search, sense of smell, skill, small indefinite amount, small indefinite quantity, smell, spout, symbol
Part of: aircraft, face, gas burner, gas jet, human face, missile, oilcan, sprinkler system, upper respiratory tract
Encyclopedia: Nose Nose, Osaka Nose, ÅŒsaka