Noun: organ or-gun
- A fully differentiated structural and functional unit in an animal that is specialized for some particular function
- A government agency or instrument devoted to the performance of some specific function
"The Census Bureau is an organ of the Commerce Department"
- (music) an electronic simulation of a pipe organ
- electric organ, electronic organ, Hammond organ
- A periodical that is published by a special interest group
"the organ of the communist party"
- Wind instrument whose sound is produced by means of pipes arranged in sets supplied with air from a bellows and controlled from a large complex musical keyboard
- pipe organ
- A free-reed instrument in which air is forced through the reeds by bellows
- harmonium, reed organ
Derived forms: organs
Type of: agency, authority, body part, breath, bureau, electronic instrument, electronic musical instrument, federal agency, free-reed instrument, government agency, keyboard instrument, office, periodical, wind, wind instrument
Encyclopedia: Organ, Hautes-Pyrenees Organ, France Organ Organ, Hautes-PyrÃ©nÃ©es Organ, new mexico Organ, New Mexico Organ, NM