Noun: spraying sprey-ing
Verb: spray sprey
- The dispersion of fungicides, insecticides or fertilizer on growing crops (often from a low-flying aircraft)
- A quantity of small objects flying through the air
"a spraying of bullets";
- The application of a liquid in the form of small particles ejected from a sprayer
- Be discharged in sprays of liquid
"Water sprayed all over the floor"
- Scatter in a mass or jet of droplets
"spray water on someone"; "spray paint on the wall"
- Cover by spraying with a liquid
"spray the wall with paint"
Derived forms: sprayings
Type of: application, coating, cover, covering, diffusion, dispersal, disperse, dispersion, dissemination, dot, dust, scatter, small indefinite amount, small indefinite quantity, sprinkle
Encyclopedia: Spraying Spray, Or