Noun: tape teyp
Verb: tape teyp
- A long thin piece of cloth or paper as used for binding or fastening
"he used a piece of tape for a belt"; "he wrapped a tape around the package"
- A recording made on magnetic tape
"the several recordings were combined on a master tape";
- tape recording, taping
- The finishing line for a foot race
"he broke the tape in record time"
- Measuring instrument consisting of a narrow strip (cloth or metal) marked in inches or centimetres and used for measuring lengths
"the carpenter should have used his tape measure";
- tapeline, tape measure
- Memory device consisting of a long thin plastic strip coated with iron oxide; used to record audio or video signals or to store computer information
"he took along a dozen tapes to record the interview";
- magnetic tape, mag tape
- Fasten or attach with tape
"tape the shipping label to the box"
- (movie) record on videotape
- Register electronically
"They taped her singing";
Derived forms: taping, taped, tapes
Type of: attach, enter, finish line, finishing line, measuring device, measuring instrument, measuring system, memory device, put down, record, recording, slip, storage device, strip
Encyclopedia: Tape, Burma