Noun: throbbing thró-bing
Adjective: throbbing thró-bing
- An instance of rapid strong pulsation (of the heart)
"he felt a throbbing in his head";
- throb, pounding
- A sound with a strong rhythmic beat
"the throbbing of the engines"
Verb: throb (throbbed,throbbing) thrób
- Pounding or beating strongly or violently
"a throbbing pain"; "the throbbing engine of the boat"
- Pulsate or pound with abnormal force
"my head is throbbing"; "Her heart was throbbing"
- Expand and contract rhythmically; beat rhythmically
"The baby's heart was throbbing again after the surgeon massaged it";
- pulsate, pulse
- Tremble convulsively, as from fear or excitement
- shudder, shiver, thrill
Derived forms: throbbings
See also: rhythmic, rhythmical
Type of: ache, beat, heartbeat, hurt, pound, pulsation, pulse, smart, sound, thump, tremble