Noun: trumpets trúm-pits
Noun: trumpet trúm-pit
- Pitcher plant of southeastern United States having erect yellow trumpet-shaped pitchers with wide mouths and erect lids
- huntsman's horn, huntsman's horns, yellow trumpet, yellow pitcher plant, Sarracenia flava
Verb: trumpet trúm-pit
- A brass musical instrument with a brilliant tone; has a narrow tube and a flared bell and is played by means of valves
- cornet, horn, trump
- The cry of an elephant
- Proclaim on, or as if on, a trumpet
"Liberals like to trumpet their opposition to the death penalty"
- (music) play or blow on the trumpet
- Utter in trumpet-like sounds
"Elephants are trumpeting"
Type of: brass, brass instrument, emit, exclaim, let loose, let out, pitcher plant, play, proclaim, promulgate, utter
Part of: genus Sarracenia, Sarracenia
Encyclopedia: Trumpets, Feast of Trumpet, Herefordshire