Noun: death deth
Noun: Death deth
- The event of dying or departure from life
"her death came as a terrible shock";
- decease, expiry
- The permanent end of all life functions in an organism or part of an organism
"the animal died a painful death"
- The absence of life or state of being dead
"he seemed more content in death than he had ever been in life"
- The time when something ends
"it was the death of all his plans";
- dying, demise
- The time at which life ends; continuing until dead
"she stayed until his death";
- A final state
"he came to a bad death";
- end, destruction
- The act of killing
"he had two deaths on his conscience"
- The personification of death
"Death walked the streets of the plague-bound city"
Derived forms: deaths
Type of: alteration, change, end, ending, imaginary being, imaginary creature, kill, killing, modification, organic phenomenon, putting to death, state
Part of: life, lifespan, lifetime, life-time
Encyclopedia: Death, Deceit & Destiny Aboard the Orient Express