Noun: killing ki-ling
Adjective: killing ki-ling
- An event that causes someone to die
- violent death
- The act of terminating a life
- kill, putting to death
- A very large profit
Verb: kill kil
- Very funny
"a killing joke";
- Cause to die; put to death, usually intentionally or knowingly
"This man killed several people when he tried to rob a bank"; "The farmer killed a pig for the holidays"
- Thwart the passage of
"kill a motion";
- shoot down, defeat, vote down, vote out
- End or extinguish by forceful means
- stamp out
- Be fatal
"cigarettes kill"; "drunken driving kills"
- Be the source of great pain for
"These new shoes are killing me!"
- Overwhelm with hilarity, pleasure, or admiration
"The comedian was so funny, he was killing me!"
- (sport) hit with so much force as to make a return impossible, in racket games
"She killed the ball"
- (sport) hit with great force
"He killed the ball"
- Deprive of life
"AIDS has killed thousands in Africa"
- Cause the death of, without intention
"She was killed in the collision of three cars"
- Drink down entirely
"She killed a bottle of brandy that night";
- toss off, pop, bolt down, belt down, pour down, down, drink down
- Mark for deletion, rub off, or erase
"kill these lines in the President's speech";
- obliterate, wipe out
- Tire out completely
"The daily stress of her work is killing her"
- Cause to cease operating
"kill the engine"
- Destroy a vitally essential quality of or in
"Eating artichokes kills the taste of all other foods"
Derived forms: killings
See also: humorous, humourous [Brit, Cdn, non-standard], kill off
Type of: ache, be, beat, blackball, conclusion, cut, destroy, destruct, drink, earnings, end, ending, exhaust, fatality, fish out, hit, human death, hurt, imbibe, lucre, negative, net, net income, net profit, overcome, overpower, overtake, overwhelm, profit, profits, spifflicate, spiflicate, suffer, sweep over, switch off, take away, take out, terminate, termination, tucker [N. Amer], tucker out [N. Amer], turn off, turn out, uncreate [literary], veto, wash up
Encyclopedia: Killing Kill, I Oughta