Verb: weaken wee-kun
- Lessen the strength of
"The fever weakened his body"
- Become weaker
"The prisoner's resistance weakened after seven days"
- Destroy property or hinder normal operations
"The Resistance weakened railway operations during the war";
- sabotage, undermine, countermine, counteract, subvert
- Reduce the level, intensity, size or scope of
"weaken a crisis";
- de-escalate, step down
- Lessen in force or effect
"weaken a shock";
- dampen, damp, soften, break
Derived forms: weakening, weakened, weakens
Type of: alter, blunt, change, deaden, decrease, diminish, disobey, fall, lessen, minify, modify