Noun: weakness week-nus
- A flaw or weak point
"he was quick to point out his wife's weaknesses";
- failing, disadvantage, minus
- Powerlessness revealed by an inability to act
"in spite of their weakness the group remains active";
- helplessness, impuissance
- The property of lacking physical or mental strength; liability to failure under pressure or stress or strain
"his weakness increased as he became older"; "the weakness of the span was overlooked until it collapsed"
- The condition of being financially weak
"the weakness of the dollar against the yen"
- A penchant for something even though it might not be good for you
"he has a weakness for chocolate"
Derived forms: weaknesses
Type of: bad luck, ill luck, imperfection, imperfectness, impotence, impotency, misfortune, penchant, powerlessness, predilection, preference, property, taste, tough luck