Noun: array u'rey
Verb: array u'rey
- An orderly arrangement
"an array of troops in battle order"
- An impressive display
"it was a bewildering array of books"; "his tools were in an orderly array on the basement wall"
- Especially fine or decorative clothing
- raiment [archaic], regalia
- An arrangement of aerials spaced to give desired directional characteristics
- Lay out orderly or logically in a line or as if in a line
"array the clothes";
- range, lay out, set out
- Align oneself with a group or a way of thinking
- Wear clothes or ornaments
"He was arrayed in his finest robes and jewels"
Derived forms: arrays, arrayed, arraying
Type of: arrange, arrangement, article of clothing, clothing, directional antenna, display, habiliment [archaic], set up, stand, vesture, wear, wearable