Adjective: boiled boyld
Verb: boil boyl
- Cooked in hot water
"The cook book has 99 practical methods of utilizing boiled beef";
- poached, stewed
- Come to the boiling point and change from a liquid to vapour
"Water boils at 100 degrees Celsius"
- Immerse or be immersed in a boiling liquid, often for cooking purposes
"boil potatoes"; "boil wool"
- Bring to, or maintain at, the boiling point
"boil this liquid until it evaporates"
- Be agitated
"the sea was boiling in the storm";
- churn, moil [N. Amer], roil
- Be in an agitated emotional state
"The customer was boiling with anger";
See also: cooked
Type of: alter, be, change, change state, modify, move, turn
Encyclopedia: Boiled Boil, Bulgaria