Adjective: keyed keed
Verb: key kee
- Fitted with or secured by a key
"a keyed instrument"; "the locks have not yet been keyed"
- Set to a key or tone
- Classify or apply the appropriate name to, e.g. in botany or biology
- identify, discover, key out, distinguish, describe, name
- Provide with a key
"We were keyed after the locks were changed in the building"
- Vandalize a car by scratching the sides with a key
"His new Mercedes was keyed last night in the parking lot"
- (music) regulate the musical pitch of
- Harmonize with or adjust to
"key one's actions to the voters' prevailing attitude"
See also: tonal
Type of: chord, furnish, harmonise [Brit], harmonize, provide, reconcile, render, supply, vandalise [Brit], vandalize
Encyclopedia: Key, West Virginia