Noun: manufacturing man-yu'fak-chu-ring
Verb: manufacture ,man-yu'fak-chu(r)
- The act of making something (a product) from raw materials
"manufacturing is vital to Great Britain";
- fabrication, manufacture
- Put together out of artificial or natural components or parts
"They manufacture small toys"; He manufactured a popular cereal";
- fabricate, construct
- Make up something artificial or untrue
- fabricate, cook up, make up, invent
- Produce naturally
"this gland manufactures a specific substance only"
- Create or produce in a mechanical way
"This novelist has been manufacturing his books following his initial success"
Type of: bring forth, concoct, create, creating from raw materials, dream up, hatch, hit on, make, produce, think of, think up
Encyclopedia: Manufacturing, Science & Finance Manufacturing Manufacturing, Science and Finance Union Manufacturing, Science and Finance Manufacture