Verb: negotiate ni'gow-shi,eyt
- Discuss the terms of an arrangement
"They negotiated the sale of the house";
- negotiate, talk terms
- Succeed in passing through, around, or over
"The hiker negotiated the high mountain pass";
- Be successful; achieve a goal
"The pianist negotiated the difficult runs";
- pull off, bring off, carry off, manage
- Confer with another in order to come to terms or reach an agreement
"The parties negotiated all night"
- Sell or discount
- Transfer by endorsement to another in return for value received
"negotiate a bond"
Derived forms: negotiating, negotiates, negotiated
Type of: bring home the bacon, come through, deliver the goods, discuss, flog [Brit], go across, go through, hash out, pass, sell, succeed, talk over, transfer, win