Noun: rim rim
Verb: rim (rimmed,rimming) rim
- The shape of a raised edge of a more or less circular object
- (basketball) the hoop from which the net is suspended
"the ball hit the rim and bounced off"
- The outer part of a wheel to which the tire is attached
- A projection used for strength or for attaching to another object
- The top edge of a vessel or other container
- brim, lip
- Run around the rim of
"Sugar rimmed the dessert plate"
- Furnish with a rim
"rim a hat"
- Roll around the rim of
"the ball rimmed the basket"
- [vulgar] (informal) perform anilingus - sexually stimulate the anus with the mouth or tongue
Derived forms: rimmed, rimming, rims
Type of: bound, boundary, edge, furnish, hoop, line, projection, provide, render, ring, roll, round shape, run along, supply, turn over
Part of: vessel, wheel
Encyclopedia: Rim, Nepal