Noun: sophistication su,fi-stu'key-shun
- Uplifting enlightenment
- A deliberately invalid argument displaying ingenuity in reasoning in the hope of deceiving someone
- sophism, sophistry
- Being expert or having knowledge of some technical subject
"understanding affine transformations requires considerable mathematical sophistication"
- The quality or character of being intellectually sophisticated and worldly through cultivation or experience or disillusionment
- worldliness, mundaneness, mundanity
- Falsification by the use of sophistry; misleading by means of specious fallacies
"he practised the art of sophistication upon reason"
Derived forms: sophistications
Type of: enlightenment, expertise, expertness, fallacy, false belief, falsehood, falsification, quality