Noun: type tIp
Verb: type tIp
- A subdivision of a particular kind of thing
"what type of sculpture do you prefer?"
- A person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities)
"the capable type";
- character, eccentric, case
- (biology) the taxonomic group whose characteristics are used to define the next higher taxon
- Printed characters
"small type is hard to read"
- All of the tokens of the same symbol
"the word 'element' contains five different types of character"
- A small metal block bearing a raised character on one end; produces a printed character when inked and pressed on paper
"he dropped a case of type, so they made him pick them up"
- Write using a keyboard; press keys on a computer keyboard
"type the acceptance letter, please";
- Identify as belonging to a certain type
"Such people can practically be typed";
Derived forms: typed, types, typing
Type of: adult, block, character, form, grapheme, graphic symbol, grownup, identify, kind, sort, symbol, taxon, taxonomic category, taxonomic group, variety, write