Adjective: verbal vur-bul
Noun: verbal vur-bul
- Communicated in the form of words
"verbal imagery"; "a verbal protest"
- Of or relating to or formed from words in general
- Of or relating to or formed from a verb
"verbal adjectives like 'running' in 'hot and cold running water'"
- Relating to or having facility in the use of words
"a good poet is a verbal artist"; "a merely verbal writer who sacrifices content to sound"; "verbal aptitude"
- Expressed in spoken words
"a verbal contract"
- [archaic] Prolix
"you put me to forget a lady's manners by being so verbal"
- A verb form which does not function as a predicate, or a word derived from a verb
Derived forms: verbals
See also: communicative, communicatory, prolix, spoken